Save over Â£100 a year on your heating bill by efficiently insulating your home. We offer a range of insulation, as well as draught-proofing services.
We offer a wide range of pipe lagging for domestic central heating pipes, as well as hot and cold water tank jackets and frost protection.
We are a provider of air leakage and permeability testing for domestic properties, as well as also offering fault finding services.
- A Guide to Heating and Insulation
A Guide to Heating and Insulation
Here are some quick tips and information about Heating and Insulation:
1. Correctly insulating your two storey property can reduce your monthly heating bills by:
- 25% for the loft
- 35% for walls
- 15% for underfloor
- 10% for draughtproofing
2. Insulation slows heat loss from a building, either by using bulky, lightweight materials such as glass fibre or wool between framing.
3. Insulation is a very significant element in a buildings thermal performance, but it is not the only one. Even if a home is well insulation, heat can still escape through air gaps, windows, gaps in the insulation, and building elements such as framing.
4. Bulk insulation works by trapping dry air in lightweight, bulky materials. Still air is a poor conductor of heat, so bulky materials that can trap large amounts of air can reduce the ability for heat to be transferred by conduction.
5. Using a range of fibreglass insulation and cellulose fibre, we can undertake any kind of loft insulation from:
- cold roof
- warm roof
- room in the roof
- flat roof insulation,
6. The recommended depth for loft insulation is 270mm
7. Wall insulation - cavity wall insulation, solid wall insulation, external rendering and dry lining, works using Xtratherm
8. Underfloor insulation works using Xtratherm
Grants are available for all of the above, please contact us for more information and advice on any heating and insulation enquiries that you have. We would be happy to help.